Monday, August 17, 2009

A MOMENT

~so little time left even if there is more than this moment~
~
While all those other moments melted into the soup pot of years
I marched to the tick of many clocks
was trampled in the hours
became a survivor of other people's time.
~
Old didn't even feel mandatory
I saw millions of moments in the future
~but~
the reflection of me in the mirror was growing dim
(it didn't look like it was DYING though).
~
Death was not even a word in my vocabulary
(except for goldfish or a plant that I didn't take care of)
until my heart stopped beating, until my lungs stopped breathing
until I would become ashes in a moment.
~
But for a momentary glimpse into the eyes of life
but for one faint heartbeat
but for one gasp of breath
I would have ceased to exist.
~
~live for a moment~

No comments:

Post a Comment