Monday, August 17, 2009

"IF" ~ I GET OLD (smile)

I'll wear "midnight, sprinkled with stardust"
and fake eyelashes and diamonds on my toenails.
I'll spend money on Christmas lights and Barneys coffee
and lobster and buy presents for a secret lover...
and won't care if I become homeless.
I'll lay in a pile of leaves
and make things in the clouds
and catch snowflakes on my tongue
and do it all...
in the company of
my favorite person
(via trial and error elimination).
I'll dance in rain puddles and sing
(my own songs)
LOUD
and talk to Jack Frost and Santa Claus,
of course
and have a tea party with my Granny
(she would have so loved that).
I'll say all the things I never said
but wanted to
(good and bad)
and get revenge
and tell 'some' secrets !
Ahhh...how sweet that will be !
And I might even join a nudist colony !
I'll decorate my house for Christmas
and leave it that way all year
and travel anywhere my fancy leads me
and go to plays and rodeo's and symphony's
and drink lots of wine from a crystal glass
~with my name engraved on it~
~and~
cry just because I don't like my name.
And I'll use all those familiar 'bad words'
that for now, I try not to use.
~
But 'til then...
I'll just keep wearing a brown shirt !

No comments:

Post a Comment